7 pitta pizza recipes for family meals
Pitta pizzas are a great way to make healthy vegetables exciting for your little ones! They're quick and easy to make and with minimal effort make a great choice for getting healthy food on the table in a hurry.
Another advantage is that their size makes them really easy to portion individually so every member of the family can choose their toppings or make different pizzas to share!
The cooking process for the base and toppings is always the same:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5. Place the pitta bread on a baking tray.
- Spread 1 tsp of tomato purée on each pitta, then top with grated cheese and your chosen toppings.
- Sprinkle with mixed herbs and season with black pepper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes*, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
*Temperatures and times of cooking are only a guideline and it will vary depending on your oven.
Serve with salad for an extra healthy meal!
Now that you know how easy and quick is to get your dinner ready, here is some inspiration to top up your pizza:
- The classic: mushrooms, sliced tomatoes and cheese. Smooth flavours for all palates.
- Trattoria: olives, ham, fresh mozzarella and basil. The secret of this recipe it’s the simplicity of its fresh ingredients all blended to create a tasty pizza.
- Spanish pizza: chorizo, shallot and mature cheddar. A combination of more mature flavours.
- Tuna melt: tuna, pepper and cheddar. Perfect for lunch and dinner!
- Buffalo chicken pizza: shredded chicken, hot sauce and cheddar. Be aware: only for the bravest!
If you feel more adventurous and you’re up to try new things we have a special suggestion for you: strawberries, mozzarella and feta cheese. You’ll be surprised how good these three ingredients work together!
And if you want to have your pitta pizza as dessert…
Sweet tooth: peanut butter, chocolate chips and marshmallows.
Do you want to make them even more appetising for your little ones? Place the toppings making funny faces or even better, let them cook their own dinner! Pitta pizzas are really easy to make so they make a good excuse to have some bonding time with the kids in the kitchen. Besides, children will learn life skills while promoting healthy eating habits.
For more recipes just check out Koala Home Sopping blog!